An ideal way for many people to learn yoga and develop a personal practice for their individual needs is through private consultation and instruction.
In a private yoga lesson, your individual needs will be discussed and assessed. From this, an individual practice of postures and breathing will be developed and taught; one that is appropriate for your particular needs. Individual needs to be considered might include general health, specific injuries or conditions, age, strength, flexibility, and life circumstances.
It is possible to have your private yoga lessons in the comfort and convenience of your own home or office.
Some of the reasons to consider private lessons:
- Personal attention
- Development of a personal practice for your individual needs
- Specific therapeutic benefits for injury, illness, stress and emotional difficulties.
- Convenience of lesson times made by appointment
Private lessons may also include two or three people. A great way to learn with a partner or friend. Following an initial consultation, a program will be tailored to your needs. Using techniques such as
- Asana – Yoga Postures
- Yoga Nidra (Relaxation)
- Concentration and Meditation
- Diet and Lifestyle
- Self-Awareness and Introspection
- Positive thinking